Sunday, January 15, 2012

Refocus. Refine. Redefine.


The most important thing in life is to stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will.'
Consider nothing impossible, then treat the possibilities as probabilities.
~David Copperfield

It's a new week and that means it's time to refocus, refine or redefine a few things. Start this week focused on the positive, refusing to accept the negative, and avoiding the waste of time which is neutrality. Anyone can have a Plan B in the event of failure. Make sure you've got your A-Game together, aim for success, and make sure you've made room for manifestation of that success. YOU determine what success is to you. Write out what matters most (plan your work). Next, write out how to make what matters most a reality (work your plan). There's nothing wrong with dreaming big, just remember that when you wake up, you still can't take more than one step at a time. Sprints (inspiration) are nice, but you need the endurance of a cross-country runner (commitment) to win. I hope to see you in the winners' circle.

Copyright Antoinette Dickson. Creative Commons License Allowed with permission.

11 comments:

  1. I saw needed to read this today Antoinette, refocus, refine or re-define. It's truly time to really plan my work and work my plan to move toward what my heart desires to do. Thanks for this insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, typing to fast. I was attempting to say I "so" needed to read.

      Delete
    2. No worries, sis. I knew exactly what you meant:-) I'm in the process of doing the same thing myself. It's good to have a reminder from time to time.

      Delete
  2. You're inspiring me! Thanks for the Mission Impossible link--it rather sums up what I'm feeling lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for inspiration!!! I am convinced that we are meant to encourage, inspire & support one another in this life. I do my best not to fall down on that task:)

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure I have NEVER heard this music performed by an actual orchestra. Very cool. Thanks always for sharing who you are!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! As you saw on Saturday, I have to let some of my inherent ME'ness (or ME'mess) out or I'll explode:-)

      I've heard it performed by high school marching bands & orchestras before. When I gave this one a listen, I knew it was the right one to share.

      Delete
  4. I had a reminder in a dream last night and then I see this today. I am writing something to post tomorrow. It not more than thoughts on paper for me to process right now. But I on this 16th day, I think I am getting a grasp on 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read the post you're referring to & all I can say is, you definitely seem to be getting a grasp on 2012. Watch out, world... Here she comes!!!

      Delete
  5. Love this rendition of Mission Impossible. I remember watching the original show with my Mom as a kid. Oops! Am I telling my age here. Would it help me to mention that the episodes were repeats. lol I intend make it happen in 2012!

    ReplyDelete